Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Most Likeable Character

You would think that an author would say their most likeable character is their protagonist. The main character around which the whole book revolves. But when I really thought about that question and put it in the context of other books, I really don't think that is the case.

Take Harry Potter for instance. In my opinion I think Ron and Hermione are more likeable characters than Harry. No offence Harry, that is just my opinion.

If I am totally honest with you, I would have to admit that I think Jocelyn is the most likeable character in my book.

I write all my main characters with love and affection but something just evolved with Jocelyn and when I read my novel I find her just really loveable. She's fun, girlie, adventurous and stunningly beautiful, oh and the best part, she can shimmer from a fun loving border collie to a really cute girl with wings. How much more likeable can you get?

How about you, who do you think is the most likeable character in The Amulet?

No comments:

Post a Comment