Sunday, September 27, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

The sweetest thing happened to me at the performance last night. A young man, about 10 years old was waiting for me with a handmade card and a bar of chocolate. He had overheard me (jokingly) tell someone that noone ever buys me a good luck card or present before the show. I was only joking, but he took it to heart and wanted to make sure that I knew someone cared.

I had a lump in my throat from that act of kindness from someone so young, who I hardly knew. His father later told me that his son was determined to buy me the biggest bar of chocolate he could find and he paid for it with his own savings.

I would like to say a big thank you, little man. You will probably never know how much you touched my heart that night.

Then this afternoon a couple of us were out horse riding and we rode past a tiny church in the middle of nowhere. There were a few people outside and they were having a bbq picnic. We waved as we went by and told them it smelled lovely. They immediately invited us over to join them. We hesitated for a moment, we didn't know these people and they had just openly invited us to join them for lunch.

We decided to accept and had lunch in the with this handful of strangers. They weren't strangers for long. It was a beautiful day and we made some new friends.

Life is just full of these little random acts of kindness that can totally put your faith back in humanity.

1 comment:

  1. was that Aiden? he can be nice at times!:)
    Luv ya,
    Alyssa M.

    ReplyDelete