Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Proof Copy #3

I received my 2nd proof yesterday and it's just amazing the tiny things you miss. So I yet again made revisions and uploaded the files. I have just ordered my 3rd, and hopefully final, proof copy of my book.

My aim is to have it ready for sale on Monday Sept 14th. The e-book is already available on Lulu.com, follow the link on the left and it will take you straight there.

After I have the paper version of The Amulet all 'done and dusted' I will make a more conserted effort with the kindle version.

I was most annoyed when after uploading it, they sent me an e-mail telling me that they don't publish Public Domain Titles. So now I have to go through a set of procedures to prove it is my own work etc etc. They said to e-mail them if they were incorrect, which I did, TWICE. So far, more than a week later, I have not heard back from them. I hope I can get this cleared up quickly because I believe having it on kindle will increase the readers I get.

I am a kindle owner myself and I absolutely love it. Not only is it a wonderous thing for the environment, I just prefer it to paper books, it is so much more convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment