Saturday, September 12, 2009

Character's Names

Someone asked me, where do I come up with my character's names? Well I cheated big time on The Amulet. Nearly every character in it has a name that belongs to either family, friends or kids of friends.

For instance, my protag's father and uncle got their names from a close friend's two sons. Her two best friends in the book are courtesy of another close freind's two daughters. My two sister's are in there, too. In fact, the only character in the book whose name is a complete figment of my imagination is Faen and that just popped into my head out of nowhere.

I knew the two main character's names were going to begin with FAE, as the book is about the fae. Another of my friends has a daughter named Phaedra, so I took that and adjusted it to Faedra. And Voila, a whole bunch of character's names.

No comments:

Post a Comment