Sunday, October 4, 2009

Last Curtain Call

It has been a while since my last post and for that I apologize, but I do have a good reason. I have been performing in a play and it has taken virtually all my spare time up the past two weeks. The couple of nights we did have off, I slept!

We did our last performance on Saturday night and ended it with a standing ovation. It left me with a mixture of feeling relief and sadness. Relief that I get my life back after three months, and sadness that I won't get to spend all that time with my "surrogate" family. I did add a lot of new friends on facebook though.

My book signings went great. I did them before the shows and also at the Apple Festival that was held in town this weekend. Sold 56 books altogether, which is a great start. Now I am going to concentrate on the rather time consuming task of marketing it to a wider audience.

I have had some great reviews from the local teens who have bought it and already read it. The feeling you get when people talk about your characters as if they are real, is priceless.

Actually the coolest thing happened in the girl's changing room backstage. A "discussion" started between the girls who had read my book and those who hadn't yet. They were comparing my main male character and Edward Cullen from Twilight. The girls who had read both, preferred my character and were actually arguing with those who hadn't read it and were of the opinion that no one would be better than Edward.

It was a totally surreal experience and one that had me overflowing inside. Just the mere fact that they were comparing my character to that of one so famous made me feel that maybe, just maybe my book could be loved by as many people as Stephenie Meyer's are. Well we are all allowed to dream aren't we??

No comments:

Post a Comment