Monday, October 12, 2009

The Writing Community

A few days ago I discovered an awesome writing community. It is called Authonomy.com and run by HaperCollins UK. I was sucked in instantly and have been lost roaming around in there for days now. (Okay that was a slight exaggeration).

This just leads me to talk about a catch 22 that is bugging me right now. In Authonomy you can read other author's work, comment on it and add it to your "bookself" When your book gets added to a bookshelf, it goes up in the ratings and if it gets high enough it ends up on the editor's desk and they check it out.

Aside from the fact that getting to the editor's desk is a possibility and exciting enough in its own right. There are some incredible authors and books on this site and I have spent a couple of days reading other's work and commenting on it. I have also had many people read mine and put it on their bookshelf.

I am so totally addicted to this site now that I wonder when I am actually going to have time to write my next book. Here is the catch 22. You need to get your name out there and the only way to do that is to have an internet presence, but in the pursuance of doing that when do you write the next potential bestseller? Well I guess that is something I am going to have to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment