Friday, October 9, 2009

A friend lost

Something very sad happened to me on Wednesday, I had to have my cat put down. It was sudden and unexpected and she will be sadly missed.

My pets are my kids. I don’t have any children and they are my family. Thelma, my cat was my writing partner. She would lie by my leg on the sofa throughout the entire process of writing my last novel. When I was finally finished for that evening and put my laptop aside she would climb onto my lap and curl up until I went to bed.

I am in the process of writing the second book in the Custodian series and will miss her lying by my side as I type.

On Thursday I was going to catch up on writing my blog and surf the forums I belong to, but the weather was not cooperating with me. I live in the boonies and have satellite internet. Only problem with that is if we have even the slightest disturbance in the weather, the internet goes offline. And we had some seriously yucky weather. Oh well, it just goes to prove that even in this modern day and age with all of our technology we are still at Mother Nature’s mercy.

It's now Friday and finally I have my internet back. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment