Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hidden Treasures

Today my friend and I discovered a hidden treasure. I have a friend visiting me from England this week and unfortunately she seems to have brought the rain with her (although she tells me they haven't had rain for weeks back home).

Anyway that's besides the point. Here in rainy old Missouri I was trying to think of something we could do that was sightseeing oriented, to prove that we did have something here in the middle of nowhere. I have lived here for nearly 4 years and knew there was a cave nearby but had never been there.

We decided to take a trip to the cave and found an absolute treasure. I don't know why I had imagined that it would be just an over exaggerated hole in the ground but basically it blew my mind.

The cave was stunning and went on for much longer than I would have guessed. I was seriously impressed and stood there marveling at the stalactite and stalagmite formations wondering why I had never made the effort to go there before.

So I learned a valuable lesson today. That you would be suprised what hidden treasures and sources of inspiration are right on your doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment