Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Music and Writing

People sometimes ask me if music has any impact on my writing and to that I would have to answer with a resounding YES. I could be driving down the road listening to the radio and a song will play, and out of nowhere a whole scene explodes into my mind. Dialogue, action, descriptions all evolve as the song is being played. To the point where I can’t wait to get to my destination to write down the song title and the rough outline of what I just imagined, so I don’t forget it before I can get home and type it up.

I download the songs that inspire different scenes in my book and play them as I write. I create a playlist for each book. My favorite muses in music are Daughtry, Nickleback, Linkin Park, Staind, 3 doors down, David Cook, and Lady Ga Ga to name but a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment