Friday, June 3, 2011

Book Signing



I had an amazing day. The book signing went better than I could have imagined. I nearly sold out of The Amulet. I didn't order as many because it has been out longer and I know a lot of readers in my town had already purchased the 1st book.


Nearly everyone today bought both books. I visited with lots of people and was overwhelmed by everyone's support and good wishes.


A local newspaper reporter stopped by and took lots of pictures.


Dorothy, the lady who owns the store has been so supportive and generous to me as I take this journey, and was overjoyed that so many people stopped by to visit and get books signed.


I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported me on my journey so far. It's an amazing experience and one I shall treasure for the rest of my life. I only hope I can live up to everyone's expectations as I move forward with my writing :-)

2 comments:

  1. Was the necklace in the picture made for/because of your book? Or was it kind of a "model" for you?

    I don't pretend to be wise or to know more than I know... but I personally feel that the only expectations you must live up to are your own. :-) When you start trying to live up to others' expectations, your art becomes less about the experience and more about criteria, and that is not fair to you. However you felt you needed to write for your first two books is how you should write your next. We're just along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mandy! Those are very wise words. I guess I'm now in a position where I'm thinking I don't want people to forget me if I take a year or more for the next book. But that's how long it took to write, edit, and publish the 2nd book. I don't like to force anything because then it just sounds, well...forced. So I will take my time and write a good story not a rushed one :-)

    As for the necklace. One of my accounting clients owns the local jewelry store. She makes a lot of custom pieces and I asked if she could make me one like the one on my bookcover and this is what she did. It makes a nice discussion piece at book signings. I have a smaller version around my neck but that one I found in a gift shop in England last year.

    ReplyDelete