Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome 2010

Wow another decade nearly over. How fast did that go?? I am genuinely looking forward to the next decade, I believe it will hold some exciting times.

2009 is when I learned all I could about the publishing industry and I have to admit that what I learned was daunting and more than a little disheartening. I won't deny that I would love for my book to be a bestseller, but decided that I would like it even more if it were out there for people to read in the first place, something that probably wasn't going to happen anytime soon if I took the traditional publishing route.

Well, my book is out there and getting great reviews from the people who are finding it. No I'm not about to give up my day job, but you know what, I write for fun and relaxation and if I can share my imagination with others, that gives me a lot of satisfaction. That's not to say that if my book should somehow get into the hands of a publisher who instantly fell in love with it and offered me a 6 figure advance.... Well you get the picture and yes, I'm allowed to dream.

So I will carry on dreaming right on into 2010.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year and may all your dreams come true, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment