Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Cold Outside

We just got the cold front that is moving through the midwest. Luckily the worst of it went north of where I live so other than the freezing cold we came off lucky.

Even though it is so cold your fingers feel like they are going to snap off after just a few moments outside, I just love this time of year. People think I'm crazy but there is just something about snuggling under a fleecy blanket with your hands wrapped around a cup of hot toddy and watching a classic Christmas movie on the television that makes me all gooey inside.

I haven't done much writing the past few weeks. It is getting to be a busy time of year for me. I am currently helping with a production of The Nutcracker. I have stepped outside my comfort zone to be the stage manager. Something I have never done before. I've always been on stage, not back stage, but I am really enjoying it.

I did another booksigning last weekend (Dec 5th) and sold several more books. It was wonderful because most of the people buying were granparents for their granddaughters. So my book is getting out there slowly but surely.

I have also finished recording the book and the whole story is now available to listen to on www.podbean.com Do a search on Alison Pensy and it will take you to my book. It is free to listen to and word is spreading much more quickly than I had imagined. I have quite a few subscribers now.

1 comment:

  1. Alison,
    I LOVE your book. I picked it up at The Village Shop in Versailles. I didn't even know that you were a writer! I love fantasy and your book was wonderful. It kept me interested from the first page and it was very well written. I am no critic but I just can't stay hooked on a boring, poorly written story. I loved it and had fun reading. I just wish the next one was out. So many unanswered questions!! When will we be able to read book 2??
    My life is ruled by ordinary and mundane so I read fantasy to escape a little. This was a fun and wonderful escape! Funny how much us "cowgirls" can have in common. Very good book. I am going to let my daughter read it now. I told her she had to wait her turn!
    Take Care,
    Stacy Marriott, Stover

    ReplyDelete