Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Perfect Day to Write

It's a gloomy, rainy day here today and perfect for sitting inside with my laptop on my lap and writing the sequel to The Amulet. I have to admit that it is taking me much longer to write the sequel than it did to write the first book. I think a lot of the reason why has to do with expectations.

When I was writing the first book, no one had any expectations of it or me. I was just a friend writing a book and "wasn't that fun". But the book has been such a success locally that I now find myself in the position of having to live up to expectation and that's not an easy thing to do.

So I will keep plugging on with the next book and hope that I can make it as good or better than the last. I had no idea going into this that a sequel would be such a hard thing to accomplish. But then again I enjoy a good challenge.

So as I listen to the heavy rain beating upon my roof, I can sit guilt free inside and do something I love, rather than rake and burn the millions of leaves that lay like a blanket across my property.

No comments:

Post a Comment