Monday, May 23, 2011

When what you put your characters through becomes reality

I went for a ride this morning with a good friend. I didn't take Gypsy, she's in retirement now, bless her.

We were ambling down the gravel road, chatting. The horses were calm and happy. Then without warning my horse stumbled and went crashing to the ground taking me with her. I landed on my ribs on the gravel, and she rolled over my legs before she got up.

I sat there for a few minutes with the wind knocked out of me, unable to take a proper breath. My jodpurs covered in mud and my boots all scratched up. Then it suddenly dawned on me that I was in the exact same position I'd put my main character in, in The Amulet and I started to giggle. Such as I could.

My friend, who had gotten off her horse now and was checking me over, was totally bemused that I could find that amusing.

Luckily nothing was broken, just some very bruised, very sore ribs. And yes I have had a couple of Epsom salt baths today. I just wished I healed as quickly as Faedra, coz I can see this being painful for a while yet.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, I'm sorry to hear that! Glad you are okay, though, and hope you are feeling un-sore very soon. :-) I didn't realize you really had a horse named Gypsy. Do you have any pictures of her that you wouldn't mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouble posting to Blogger. Not sure what is going on. I have tried a couple of times to post a picture of Gypsy but it won't publish. So I tried one without a picture and it still won't publish. Please bear with me.

    ReplyDelete