Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Refresh

Confession time. I have developed an unhealthy relationship with the 'refresh' button on my computer (okay, so there really isn't a refresh button but you know what I mean). Over the past week my Amazon Kindle reports page has become my best friend. I guess the first step to make in any recovery is admitting you have a problem LOL!

Seriously though, it was a week ago today that my writing world was turned on its axis by Amazon Kindle and for that I feel blessed, whatever happens from here will be the cherry on the cake. The fact that I have had the opportunity to reach out to so many readers fills me with joy.

Things are stabilizing out now and I am coming slowly down from cloud nine and finding that I am able to focus once again on my other business (which is much more boring, but sssh, don't tell anyone, I'm supposed to be a professional).

Now I have to look forward. I realize now that I can't just stop at 2 books. One of my readers told me that in no uncertain terms when she sent me a wonderful e-mail the other day. Gulp, I guess that means I better start writing.

Any ideas? Just kidding, my mind is flooded with snippets of this and that, I just have to figure out how to weave them into a story.

If anyone wants to tell me what they would like to see more of, please feel free to do so in the comments section. I'm all ears (or eyes).

I know what the title will be already, but I'll leave that for another post.

5 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am, you must continue... there are questions I must have answers to! The biggest being who was the mysterious person in Faen's past that was alluded to in The Emerald Staff, and what was the story there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, you caught that did you? :-) You know you have a good point I could write a whole backstory there, but what Faen (or rather I) was actually thinking when I wrote it, was when Faedra was attacked by the redcaps on her birthday. At this point in the book he hasn't actually declared his love for her yet (but to everyone else it's pretty obvious). He has loved her since she was six years old and that's what he was thinking at that point in time. Hope that's not too disappointing.

    You've got me thinking now, though. I could easily change that and weave it into the next story. That's what I love about fiction and being an author, nothing is set in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, not disappointing at all. I hadn't thought of it that way, is all. :-) I guess the way Faedra took it to mean someone else influenced my perspective. (Don't you just love talking about your characters like they're physical people you have known all your life? It's awesome!)

    And I have to admit, one of my favorite parts of The Emerald Staff was Faen's jealous episode. As he is so guarded most of the time, it surprised me quite a bit and I promise you I laughed out loud at one point because it was surprising, but great to see him get so charged up. Great job there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving these stories...I read The Amulet this weekend (I did download from Kindle because it was free) and quickly downloaded and started The Emerald Staff...I am recommending them to all my friends and family...Great books...I would love to read more...thanks...joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joy, Thank you. I am glad you are enjoying the stories and thank you for recommending them to your friends. It is very much appreciated.

    I am putting together a plot for the 3rd book at the moment and hope to make a start on it soon.

    ReplyDelete